Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cadbury Caramello ice cream bar review

It's time for another quickie bonus review around here, and today I've got a great one for you. The Cadbury Caramello ice cream bar.


I guess if I thought about it I would suppose that Cadbury makes ice cream versions of some of its chocolate bars. I'm sure they must overseas at least, but I can't recall specifically ever seeing anything like this here in America before so I was pretty excited to see this Cadbury branded ice cream bar. Then on top of that to see the Blue Bunny ice cream logo... well it just immediately speaks to me with reassurance that I'm about to experience something wonderful.


I'm a fan of the packaging here, the box has nice art on it, and an enticing write up with "creamy Blue Bunny reduced fat vanilla ice cream swirled with caramel sauce all dipped in thick rich Cadbury milk chocolatey coating" YES that does sound good! Then in case you we're wondering about the Blue Bunny company along the side of the box you get a nice little write up about them and the ice cream capitol of the world. Definitely news to me... Then on the back of the box, underneath the spiel from Cadbury you can see that these ice cream bars come in four flavors: Caramello, Vanilla Chocolate, Double Chocolate, and Chocolate Almond. Given the choice I think I would still have gone for Caramello.


Once you get inside I like the actual bar wrapper too. It's Cadbury, and you'd better not forget it. It says that this is some premium chocolate and you will respect it. Lets get to the actual bar though.


Well not much to report on this, it looks good. It smells good. Pretty standard stuff here. I think the size is solid, not anything as big as say a Magnum but definitely respectable.

Biting into the bar you get the typical outer chocolate breakage in huge chunks... someone should really engineer around that. But the ice cream really is great. Very rich, very creamy and soft. I'm actually surprised that its low fat. You're definitely making up for that in the sugar here. Anyhow, on first bite I'm not getting too much caramel, but just one more bite in and I've hit the swirled jackpot! The caramel is great, soft and gooey, it melts and mixes wonderfully with the chocolate. It tastes like maybe if you took a Caramilk bar and blended it into some ice cream. Everything is high quality and I'm glad for it.


Frankly I don't eat enough ice cream bars to have a huge range in my judgement, but I really like this. The caramel mixes well and the chocolate is up to Cadbury's standard. Now that summer is officially here if you're looking for a solid choice on ice cream bars this is a great way to go.


Walking the Candy Aisle rates Cadbury Caramello ice cream bar - 4 / 5

This is (obviously) a Cadbury product, but I can't find a main page for it, so please visit http://bluebunny.com and for some craziness with Cadbury ice cream check out: visit.http://www.cadburyicecreamland.com/

PS - SORRY, NO VIDEO ON THIS REVIEW - It was a kind of a spur of the moment thing so I just wasn't ready for filming

2 comments: