Friday, August 24, 2012

Milky Way Simply Caramel review

I've got a really great one for you today my friends, lets all enjoy a Milky Way Simply Caramel.


I must be on a caramel kick with Milk Duds a few weeks ago and now this. For starters I should say I've never had this bar before, at least I don't think I have... I really love regular Milky Way Bar so usually pass on by this. Even though I love caramel and chocolate this always seemed like it was missing something, it just looked too plain.

There's a whole convoluted thing about Milky Way bars vs Mars bars, and differences between the two inside and outside the US. I'm not going to get into it here, just watch the video review and I more or less explain it. The thing to note though is that this is a Mars product (which is a good thing) and while I wish you all the best you may find getting this chocolate bar tougher than normal in certain parts of the world (even if they do have regular Milky Way bars).

Onto the review. While I've passed this bar over in the past it's not because I don't like it's look. The Milky Way logo is and always has been solid. I like the green, I like the glow around it. Its kind of space themed which I like, and here in particular its in front of a swirling vortex of caramel. That's pretty cool.  What's on the other side of that black hole of caramel? Maybe some weird mirror universe that's made entirely of caramel??? Just so long as I get a goatee I'll be happy.


The packing gives us a tantalizing preview of what we're about to enjoy.This is "real milk chocolate surrounding nothing but rich delicious caramel". Alright then. This is a candy bar that doesn't muck about. I'm glad we're all on the same page now.


The bar looks to me exactly like a Mars bar (or a Milky Way bar) on the outside. A good hunk of chocolate bar, with very enticing waves of chocolate washing across the bar towards me. I honestly can say that those ridges cresting over the top are some of my favorite things about chocolate bars in general. These guys have it down. The bar smells great and I am excited to dig in. The qestion remains though, will a simple bar of 'just' caramel and chocolate be enough?


Thankfully the answer is right here and it is YES. This is a great experience, a near perfect melding of chocolate and caramel, and it is exactly the kind of candy bar I love.Before I get into the caramel have a look at that picture above. That's a great layer of chocolate there, this is seriously a lot considering some of the bars I've seen here.


Consistency, pull, texture. These are the other hugely important factors when it comes to caramel and even though some of it must be dictated by personal taste, Simply Caramel boasts exactly the kind of caramel I want to get to know. It pulls apart, not right away but its just enough to keep every bite interesting. Maybe more importantly it melts in your mouth. This caramel is great, and the chocolate is great. They balanced everything exactly as it should be as well.

This is a great candy if you haven't had a chance to try it, you should do so as soon as possible!

Walking the Candy Aisle rates Milky Way Simply Caramel - 5 / 5

Milky Way in all of its varieties  Including this one, is a Mars product. For more on Simply Caramel please check out http://www.milkywaybar.com/

3 comments:

  1. I'm quite fat, but I really like eating chocolate. I really love Milky Way Bar even though my appearance doesn't allow me. Every time I enjoy Milky Way Bar, I feel very comfortable and great, especially when I'm working stress, I just need to eat Milky Way Bar.It's really good, if you don't believe you can Check it out by buying and trying it

    ReplyDelete